Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Keeping people healthy and well at Northern Dental Centre (NDC)
Due to the current Pandemic of Covid-19, we are taking immediate steps to reduce the risks to both our patients and staff.
NDC will be reducing the number of hours and days we operate for a short period of time.
We will be limiting procedures to emergency and urgent dental care. This includes management of conditions that are likely to require emergency care if left untreated.
Our Online booking options will not be available during this period. Please call our practice on (03) 94369255 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you develop a dental emergency.
Reducing patient treatment also act as social distancing measure to further minimise the spread of COVID-19.
NDC is asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their visit to our practice if:
- they feel unwell, including but not limited to experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms
- within the last 14 days, they have travelled overseas
- within the last 14 days, they have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
If so, please contact our practice on (03) 9436 9255 to reschedule your appointment.
Whilst at our practice, please remember to practice simple hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- Minimise the amount of traffic within our clinic by limiting who you bring with you to the appointment.
Thank you for your co-operation.
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
[Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov, accessed 5-3-20]
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
[Victorian Government, Department of Health and Human Services, available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19, accessed 5-3-20]