Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Keeping people healthy and well at Northern Dental Centre (NDC)
Due to the current Pandemic of Covid-19, we are taking appropriate measures to reduce the risks to both our patients and staff.
NDC is asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their visit to our practice if:
- they feel unwell, including but not limited to experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms
- within the last 14 days, they have travelled overseas
- within the last 14 days, they have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
If so, please contact our practice on (03) 9436 9255 to reschedule your appointment.
Whilst at our practice, please remember to practice simple hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- Minimise the amount of traffic within our clinic by limiting who you bring with you to the appointment.
Thank you for your co-operation.
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
[Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov, accessed 5-3-20]
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
[Victorian Government, Department of Health and Human Services, available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19, accessed 5-3-20]